Sunday, July 25, 2010

Barbera*

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Barbera*
•• by barbera*
An example of my love for colour and clean lines. Taken in the ever inspiring city of Berlin.

London mystery by barbera*
A completely different shot... imagery, pictures with narrative value... the other side of me. From a trip to London with best friends.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
About three years.

2: Equipment you use?
I started with a Canon 400D and then upgraded to a Canon 50D. I own several lenses, but my baby is my 70-200. You won't find any filters, flashes or other gadgets in my bag. Pretty much all my photography is handheld as I find it way to cumbersome to set up and lug around my tripod.

3: Mac or PC?
Love my iMac and my MacBook Pro.

4: What inspires you?
I feel most inspired when I travel. Discovering without any kind of concrete plans works best for me. Often I get lost for hours playing with my photos in Lightroom or Photoshop.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Modern architecture, industrial stuff, shop windows, shadows, reflections.... anything where I can find lines, shapes, colours or imagery.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Nothing specific comes to mind. I am hoping to continue to learn and grow by keeping an open mind.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Only occasionally do I annoy my friend j with my agonizing over millimeters :)

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
No formal training in either photography or editing. I wish I had more technical knowledge and would love to take courses, but there is such a thing called laziness :)

9: Plans for the future?
Not really... I am a drifter.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
One word!... hm... maybe abstraction?

No comments: