Sunday, November 09, 2008

Moggierocket

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:moggierocket

Down we go together, dear.


-- from moggierocket - (?)
This is one of those challenging light situations, it was dark there, I think I took it leaning with the camera on one tripod leg. This was taken in Berlin.

Redrum

-- from moggierocket - (?)
This one is taken in an abandoned castle. I took three exposures of this (because otherwise either the shadows would be too dark or the light would be overexposed) and used them in photoshop to make one.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
Hard to say. I always liked taking photographs since I was a child, because my mother used to take a lot of pics with her SLR and so a camera was always around. I bought an old Brownie when I was 14, but it didn’t work very well. A couple of years later, my mom gave me her SLR and I used that for years and years. Almost 2 years ago i decided to post my catphotos on flickr but I was still not serious about it at all. That soon changed though, thanks to flickr.

2: Equipment you use?
Nikon D200, a 50 mm 1.8, a 18-70mm 3.5, a 70-300mm VR and a Tamron 90 mm 2.8 macro 1:1. I sometimes use a Canon G7 when I can’t take my Nikon along and I have a Zeiss Super Ikonta 6x6 that I am still trying to figure out (something wrong with the winder) but is not very user friendly. I also have a 1936/37 Rolleicord 1a.

3: Mac or PC?
I have PC because I am used to that system not because I prefer one above the other.

4: What inspires you?
A lot. Movies, viewing other people’s artworks, nature, human behaviour, my cats, old things. I have always been a very visual person and I use my eyes to the fullest. It sometimes drives me a bit crazy.

5: Preferred subject matter?
That can change with time. I do like to capture the play of natural light on things. I think I feel most content taking photos indoors, because of the light coming from certain sources then. It’s a very challenging situation. But I do like taking photos out in the streets too, of humans or animals. In the end it doesn’t matter as long as the image is worth it to shoot.
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Had to think a long time about this one. There’s many things, most of them I have captured but didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to. I really would like to manage taking a good and sharp shot of a cat or dog running towards me.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My boyfriend. He’s illustrator/designer and he’s got great taste. He’s usually right (even if I have to find out for myself one year later) and he will tell me when he doesn’t like what i made.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I attended and graduated an art academy for drawing and painting. I have done trainings on Photoshop (by means of a DVD) but mostly I learnt it just doing it or from my boyfriend.



9: Plans for the future?
I don’t like making plans for the far away future. For the near future, I just want to develop my skills, broaden my horizon, buy another 6x6 camera and hopefully do more exhibitions.



10: In one word, describe your photography.
Atmospheric.

No comments: