Sunday, August 01, 2010

Eric Lafforgue

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Eric Lafforgue

Hulis Wigmen Papua New Guinea - Mount Hagen by Eric Lafforgue
Those warriors are Hulis from Mout Hagen. I was not pro when i took this picture 4 years ago, but this serie allowed me to become pro, thanks to the exposition i had with Flickr.


Kim North Korea DPRK 북한 by Eric Lafforgue
This woman is called Kim I Sim. I met her on my first trip in North Korea 3 years ago as she is working in the “Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum” in Pyongyang. She speaks a perfect french, my language. It's one of my fav picture cos in NK, you are not supposed to take picture of the people and not supposed to be a photographer!

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
i have started 4 years ago now. Before i was in the mobile industry, something totally different, and i changed my life by going into photography.

2: Equipment you use?
I do not like to make promotion for the cameras i use, as i'm not happy at all with them, as i have many problems and it costs me lot of money, but as the exiff is on flickr: Hasselblad H3D39 and Canon eos1 ds mark3


3: Mac or PC?
Mac, ipad, iphone !

4: What inspires you?
the beauty of the people first and the so different cultures i can meet in my trips.
I'm also keen on the tribal life all around the world. They disapear so quickly... During my last trip in south Ethiopia, in Surma tribe, i could see them starting to use mobile phone!

5: Preferred subject matter?
portraits, potraits, portraits! So much to show in the eyes of a human being!

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
i like to take picture with a 1,2 aperture, so when people move, it's just impossible to get a good focus, but when you get it, there's something magic in the mood of the picture, so there are so many thing i want to capture that i've missed!
I think the picture of Kim Jong Il leaving North Korea like Caucescu would be a good subject!

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
everytime i come bacl from travelling, i have doubt about what i've done. Flickr is the best tool and help to be confident, as people, friends and contacts are so helpful. Even if i have became pro, i keep on posting on Flickr as it's the best tool to keep a close relation with the audience.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
no, i have learned alone, without book, or master classes... I use mainly Lightroom, and photoshop very little.
Photogrpahy is so simple: you see, you press on the button, and if it is not your taste you do it again!


9: Plans for the future?
i want to go on travelling in the remote tribes of the planet, i hope to visit the Zoes in Brazil...
i try to go in some countries very closed to tourism, but hard to get the visas ..
I also want to make things on Ipad, for me it is a revolutionnary tool for photography, thanks to the size, the quality, and the interactivity.
I work on it.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
I hate speaking about me, and my photogrpahy! As i say, a good photogtpahy is at 99% because of the subject you shoot, so speaking about the 1 % left would be so pretentious!
I just can say that i hope my work reflects the world i have the chance to visit, and the positive side of every country and people, even in the worst!

No comments: