Thursday, June 21, 2007

LynchburgVirginia

giving escape in sepia



1: How long have you been involved in photography?
1 I have been involved as young as I can remember. Usually, I got to take pictures at special happenings like Christmas as young as five.

2: Equipment you use?
2. I use a Sony H 5 camera, previously I had the Sony H 1. These are both excellent cameras. Someday I hope to be able to afford a DSLR. But in the meantime, I am very happy with the Sony H 5.

3: Mac or PC?
3. I use a PC based machine. I have never used a Mac, I think I would be lost if I did.

4: What inspires you?
4. I am inspired by all the wonderful pictures I see on Flickr. I can say that Flickr is the learning ground that improves my photography.

5: Preferred subject matter?
5. I really enjoy taking landscape images. And one thing I concentrate on is the seeing light. The two pictures I choose for this interview are examples of the light I look for when I photograph.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
6. The thing about photography, is there is always something new and different that you have not captured. One thing I try to capture with each picture is a feeling. It is something unseen, but can be felt.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
7. When in doubt about art I confide in Nature. Nature captivates me, and once captive, if I manage to click the shutter there is no worries about art.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
8. I have no qualifications whatsoever. Just an open mind, a willingness to experiment, and to gain instruction from all the great photographers that I see on Flickr.

9: Plans for the future?
9. Someday I hope to have a DSLR. Perhaps the only way I will be able to afford one is to sell more of photographs. But even if all I had was a shoe box with a pinhole. I think I would still be happy.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
10. One word lol, that is difficult. Perhaps sometimes: Colorful.

No comments: