Monday, June 11, 2007

Mr Bones



One of the first images I consciously planned in terms of set up, aperture and shutter speed. What a great feeling when I saw that it worked out like I had imagined. This is still my most popular photo on flickr.
Wheeeeee

And here's one from the other side of the spectrum. Not set up, not planned - a pure chance encounter when I happened to be at the right place at the right time with my camera ready. One of my personal favs.



1: How long have you been involved in photography?
About two years now. It's really hard to tell because I always liked to take pictures but never saw the need to go past the point and shoot level. The discovery of Flickr changed that and Digital made it easy.

2: Equipment you use?
I'm a Nikon guy. My main camera is a Nikon D50 but I also like to shoot with my manual film SLR (FM). Favorite lenses are the 50mm f/1.8 and the 17-35 f/2.8. I can't seem to get much use out of long tele lenses.
A few weeks ago I sort of inherited a Rolleiflex TLR from the 1930s. It belonged to my great-grandfather. I can't tell you how excited I was. I gave it a good cleaning, bought a roll of film and it was ready to go. Amazing! I only need to buy a light-meter and learn how to use it before I can get consistent results. Hopefully soon...

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
You guys

5: Preferred subject matter?
I always prefer the subject that is in front of my lens to the one that isn't.
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Star trails

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I'm never in doubt about my art because I don't take it as such. I can tell you that this is a very liberating approach. I believe it also saves my mind.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Self taught. Trial and error approach. I've probably looked at thousands and thousands of photos over the past two years. That helps a lot.


9: Plans for the future?
I want to be rich and famous. No skip the famous part. Just rich. Thank you! :-)


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Eclectic

Thanks to all the members of "The World Through my Eyes". Thanks for your feedback, your support and kind comments. I enjoy this group a lot!
Axel aka Mr.Bones

No comments: