Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Soffia Gisladóttir

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Soffia Gisladóttir


-- from Soffia Gisladóttir - (?)
Nina. This is a photo from one of the most fun photoshoot I did last summer. The girls were such a brilliant models.


-- from Soffia Gisladóttir - (?)
Island. This is an Icelandic landscape. I got so many emails from people asking me about how I processed my photos, so I did my first tutorial on this photo.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I graduated from Iceland Academy of the Arts in 2001, specialized in printmaking, there I worked a lot with photographs when creating my art, and that has led to that for 3 or 4 years now, my media has been mostly photography.


2: Equipment you use?

I have a canon 400d and 18-55 mm kit lens, and a sigma 28-300 mm lens. I also have a powershot A540 that I use a lot.


3: Mac or PC?

I´ve always had a PC, maybe I´ll get a Mac one day.


4: What inspires you?

Halli my muse, cinema, music, people, travelling, life in general and redwine.



5: Preferred subject matter?

I really like taking pictures of people, lately my clients have mainly been musicians and kids, and I have enjoyed those photoshoots, lots of creativity.
I also like landscapes, good subjects here in Iceland, as well as in B.C, Canada were I used to live. I´ve travelled quite a bit, and there are so many beautiful places on this earth.



6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that
you REALLY want to capture.


A good picture of me :) I don´t have many photos of myself, like arty and cool ones, and I really wanna capture few cool photos of myself that I could use as a press photos.


7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

Redwine and my muse, Halli


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

I have a B.A in Fine Arts, but I´m self-taught in Photoshop.


9: Plans for the future?

work hard and live life to the fullest.


10: In one word, describe your photography.

cinematic


No comments: