Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Idg

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: idg


-- from idg - (?)
" Puffins are 1 of my favourite subjects - and others seem to agree as I have sold a good few of my puffin images. I am lucky enough to live close to an Island that contains tens of thousands of these birds and I really like this shot because of the pose, the dof and the fact that there are three of them in position"


-- from idg - (?)
"I like this landscape scene and try to return to it often to capture the effect that the seasons and the elements have on the view. In this shot (for which I used HDR) I particularly like the mood at work - the darkness and the sense of space"

1: How long have you been involved in photography?.
Two and a half years

2: Equipment you use?.
Nikon D50, Nikon D200 – and recently I have been experimenting with a Canon 5d, I use a Manfrotto Tripod and am currently looking at investing in more “glass”.

3: Mac or PC?.
PC

4: What inspires you?.
I try to capture images every day -the simple beauty that can be all around us (whether in the city or the countryside)

5: Preferred subject matter?.
I have had great fun with landscapes, puffins, HDR, images of Dundee City and the beautiful Scottish countryside. However I feel that with so much still to experiment with – I can’t give a definitive preferred subject matter.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture..
Beautiful Architecture in the Vatican

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?.
The trees in the forest! Only joking – I am a member of the local Photographic Society and have found a couple of informal mentors there whose constructive feedback is great. In addition to this I am encouraged by the many Flickr contacts who offer guidance, advice and support.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? i.e.: Photoshop.
No formal qualifications – I am an avid reader of articles / books and online forums. Last November I attended 2 weekend training courses run by the local Photographic Society – 1 featured Photoshop techniques and the other was a thorough outline of digital photography and how to use your camera more effectively. The courses were pitched at the right level for me and perhaps more importantly – introduced me to a group of likeminded people who I continue to learn and share with.

9: Plans for the future?.
Earlier this year a friend and I set up a photography / web design company – I aim to continue to develop and build that business – but believe that it is always important to enjoy my photography.


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Progressive

No comments: