Sunday, September 07, 2008

DanielKHC

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:DanielKHC

Pulau Ubin Sunrise


-- from DanielKHC - (?)
This is a Vertorama (Vertical Panorama) which consists of two shots in landscape mode, then stitched horizontally. The other technique used is call 'Digital Blending', which is a combination of mutliple bracketed exposures.

KLCC 7:36am

-- from DanielKHC - (?)
7 exposures were used to create that HDR (High Dynamic Range) imagery, using a specialized HDR imagery software.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
As an occasional holiday photographer, since I was a kid.
As a 'serious' photographer, since I bought my first DSLR and joined flickr 2 years ago.

2: Equipment you use?
I started with a Sony Alpha A100 two years ago, and upgraded to a Nikon D300 five months ago.

Lenses:
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8
- Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
- Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
- Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
My only source of photographic images is flickr, therefore it still remains my main source of inspiration. But now when I watch movies, I also watch them with a 'photographic eye', and try to understand how the director has composed the scene.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Landscapes, architecture, night photography and urban decay.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Sunset on planet Mars!...Seriously, I would love to shoot in "lençois maranhenses", a fascinating desert near Maranhão, north of Brazil, pristine white sand with ponds of turquoise water.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I am always in doubt about my photography!

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
All self learning from books, internet and of course flickr.

9: Plans for the future?
More travel in countries with stunning landscapes, upgrade my camera to a full frame...

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Enthusiastic

No comments: