Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Bec Thomas Photography

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Bec Thomas Photography

Passing in Between by Bec Thomas Photography
Passing Between is water coming through an old seawall, my husband thinks it should be called Dancing Fairies.

Reaching High by Bec Thomas Photography
Reaching High is one of the shots my kids deceided I was insane because I kept crouching down and looking up at the trees on a trail we were walking.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I was around 10 when my grandmother got me a little 110 camera. I always wanted to play with her camera, pictures always fascinated me. So I guess you can say I’ve always been involved with photography.

2: Equipment you use?
I hate this question because I really have just too much equipment to list. Suffice it to say that an inventory sheet would be required to answer this question.

3: Mac or PC?
I use PC; I build my own to the specs I require.

4: What inspires you?
Inspiration is like the wind, it comes, it goes, and it pops up when it isn’t terribly convinient. I love the outdoors and that is where I do find most of my inspiration. Fog is one of my favorite conditions to shoot in; I’ve always loved fog and the light works completely different in fog then in any other situation. Shooting in fog is like having the entire world turned into a huge light box, there just isn’t anything that compares to it.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Nature is my preferred subject matter, shooting B&W gives you the ability to show a side of nature people often over look and take for granted, those are the details I like to capture.
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
A picture is a single moment in time that will never come again, so there are lots of moments I have not yet captured that I will want to. Penguins in Antarctica, rivers in China, sheep in Wales, and a Coco De Mar in the Seychelles all are things that I might yet capture and who knows what else my take my fancy.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My husband and friends

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I’m an antidisestablishmentarianist so I haven’t gone to do formal training, I even homeschool my kids. I have learned from other photographers, through my own research, and experience.


9: Plans for the future?
More photos, more shows, remodel my studio, and so on!


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Classic

No comments: