Sunday, February 28, 2010

Marc Do

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Marc do!!

The Smallest
La plus petite / The smallest by marc do
I saw this little girl jumping while she was trying to clean up the blackboard but when I took my camera she had already finished. So I said to her : "look, you forgot to clean there". She jumped again and she even didn't notice I was taking a picture of her.

Observatory
Observatoire / Observatory by marc do
I was strolling on a road and I saw this guy with a heavy tripod and a big camera trying to catch the perfect reflections of the sky in a pound. I thought he would have noticed me if I stopped walking so I shot him while I kept going.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I began with analogic black and white in 1989 (dark room, printing...), color in 1994 and digital in 2004 with the birth of my daughter.

2: Equipment you use?

Small cameras, lenses and tripod, not even a flash - I like to travel light :
Canon EOS 300D & 350 D
Canon 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
Sigma 10mm Fisheye f/2.8
Tripod Carena MCB-2Q

3: Mac or PC?

Mac

4: What inspires you?

I was first inspired by paintings, movies, even litterature and poetry. Nowadays, photography on Flickr is my main inspiration. For instance before visiting a new country or a new city I usually look at the tags related to them. Flickr is for me like a modern library.

5: Preferred subject matter?

Anything that moves or looks different of what it should be. First of all people. I began with street photography and now I like every kind of subject, I'm quite open-minded. But even if I appreciate beautiful landscapes they seem to me empty without a human presence or craft works. I need a story which makes me think more than "WOW..."

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

There are many things I regret not to have caught, but as a paradox I remember them perfectly, as if my memory had shot them. These virtual pictures are now a part of me, they are in my mind forever.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

I'm always in doubt but I think this is the secret to improve yourself.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

No Photoshop, no HDR, no textures... even if I love some of those "artificial" images and I consider them as pieces of art. According to me, "natural" shots can lead to dream or spirituality as well but you simply need to wait much longer to catch them. We got all our lifetime to take pictures...

9: Plans for the future?

Continue seeking the perfect composition for my pictures and for my music (some of my songs can be heard if you wish on www.myspace.com/marcdo ).
Also I would like to publish a book about children and improve my serie about the Eiffel Tower.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

Alive !

No comments: