Monday, February 08, 2010

Helle-Belle

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Helle Belle!!

 by helle-belle
The first picture is taken last in 2008 when I went to Norway on summer vacation. I spent one day in Oslo and after seeing a picture of the Oslo Opera House here on Flickr it was the only thing I really HAD to see. Unfortunately. I had no idea how to find it - I had a guide book from the library back home, but it was so old that the new opera house didn't appear in it.
But on my way back to the car, I decided to walk along the water - and there it was! This is one of many pictures from the roof of the building, but it's my definite favourite.

Another foggy sunday morning by helle-belle
The second picture is taken on a foggy Sunday morning. When I got up that day, I saw the fog outside my window, grabbed my camera and went for a walk around the lake in my town.
I love the feeling I get of when I walk around in the fog. It's like being all alone in a magical world - until I meet other people, like this man feeding the birds. I love the way the gulls light up the picture and create movement in a otherwise dull picture.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
The first time I used a SLR was in 1996 when I took a
photography course. Since then I’ve been hooked, but after
I joined Flickr my passion for photography has grown.
I bought my first DSLR in July 2007.
I’ve always been a creative person and I’ve been
drawing and painting since I was a little girl, so
photography has been a natural part of my development.

2: Equipment you use?
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and a Canon EOS 400D and my cameraphone, Sony Ericsson C901 Green Heart, as backup.

Lenses:
Canon 24-70 mm f/2.8
Canon 50 mm f/1.4
Canon 70-300 mm f/4-5.6
Sigma 10-20 mm f/4-5.6

Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod
Various filters (polarizing, UV, ND8 and Close-up lenses)
Macro extension tube

I also have several old analogue cameras that I’m
planning to test some day


3: Mac or PC?
MAC! I’ve always used a Mac at home, but at work I’ve
usually had to use PCs

4: What inspires you?
Everything!
There’s so many thing that inspires me. Music, books,
movies, other photographers, friends, flickr etc. etc.

5: Preferred subject matter?
It used to be landscapes, but I’ve kept on challenging
myself so I could grow as a photographer. By now I’d have
to say that I don’t have a preferred subject matter, I
take pictures of the things that catch my eye. The phrase
“the world through my eyes” does actually fit perfectly.
Photography is a kind of therapy to me. It gets me out in
the world and helps me to live in the present. Some times,
when I have a bad day, I go for a walk in the forest or on
the beach and as soon as I start taking pictures, I start
feeling better.


6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera thatyou REALLY want to capture.
I can’t think of one specific thing, but I would like to
take better portraits.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I have studied Interactive Media Design at Designskolen Kolding, which means that I have some training in various computer programs. But I’m normally the type of person who learns by doing and I guess I have a good instinct for motifs and compositions.


9: Plans for the future?
No specific plans, but I dream about exhibiting my work and I would love to get the chance to travel more and capture other parts of the world.

10: In one word, describe your photography
melancholic

No comments: