Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Baby Mia

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: My Baby Mia!!

~ 1909 or 2009 doesn't meter...or it does...??
~ 1909 or 2009 doesn't meter...or it does...?? from My Way of Seeing ~ by My Baby Mia
It suppose to be busy day, I went out to make street shots. Fog.Than I saw this women standing.. I thought she was waiting for bus. Two buses had past, she was still there. I take more than ten shots. She didn't move. Different scene of people changed as in movie. She was waiting for someone. That is story from the life. Inspiration

~ Few steps to Haven from My Way of Seeing ~
~ Few steps to Haven from My Way of Seeing ~ by My Baby Mia [very busy for few days]
Close to the port is industrial zone, I go often to shoot. There are a few buildings and houses still not abandon. This was one of them. Ugly, yellow house but evidently with few families living in. Light was almost gone, when I get idea how beautiful view can have people living in. I upgraded it in love story with view and enter in "haven".
Few hand made textures on the top, that's it!

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I am involved in art whole my life, but photography I started 2006 when I get Olympus Camedia C-5500 Zoom. I opened Flickr account and started posting. Soon I changed my view of using camera as tool for capturing friends and family portraits.
I try use it as a brush to express my ideas.

2: Equipment you use?
-Olympus E-330 with lenses 14-45mm, 1:3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm, 1:3.5-4.5
-Lensebabies
-Tripod
-Photoshop
-Good pair of shoes
-Imagination

3: Mac or PC?
Mac forever!

4: What inspires you?
Love, dreams, moment to not forget, "les choses de la vie", music, politic, people, stories, light, night, city, some smell from past, memories.....everything

5: Preferred subject matter?
People, city, nature in my surrealistic way of seeing.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Can it be Paris, Amazon, Africa [dunes, desert]?

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My friends from Flickr.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Two years ago I find groups on Flickr as T4L where I find wonderful instructions for Photoshop. Few people from Flickr helped me "how to".
My "teachers" thank you very much.
Every new knowledge involves me to experiment.
Find how is joy.
For me photography and editing are discoveries, adventures as part of life using imagination to realize ideas. You like to reach the aim but enjoy every moment on the way.

9: Plans for the future?
Dark room, film, printing! Experiment!


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Expressive.
[messages
"Way of seeing"
passion
stories
??????]

No comments: