Wednesday, January 13, 2010

hhsc/Greg (Greg Adams)

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: hhsc/Greg (Greg Adams)

Heading home... by hhsc/Greg (Greg Adams)
"Heading Home"
I have changed planes at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport numerous times and whenever I have an extra half hour I head for the walkway between United's Terminals B and C where I took this photo. Amazing lines, lights, neon, silhouettes, reflections... Two words... "Eye Candy"!

Reflections of Empires Past by hhsc/Greg (Greg Adams)
"Reflections of Empires Past"
Just after midnight on Red Square in Moscow it all becomes magical... The street sweeping truck passes back and forth washing down the cobblestones, leaving amazing reflections for the photographer who is quick enough to get the shot before the truck makes it's next pass...

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
About three years. I'm a scientist at a Cancer Center in Philadelphia and I am very fortunate to be able to travel a lot to meetings. I found myself in some amazing places and started brining a camera to capture them.

2: Equipment you use?
This past summer I got a Sony Alpha 700 - an amazing camera (though it shows its weaknesses in low light situations). My old camera was a Konica Minolta 5D which was wearing out (I take a lot of photos!). I primarily use two lenses, a Tamron 17-50 mm 1:2.8 9 (I love this lens!) and a Minolta 75-300 mm 1:4.5. Just got a Sony 50 mm 1:1.8 that I'm looking forward to playing with.

3: Mac or PC?
Without a question, Mac!

4: What inspires you?
Travel to new places, particularly those that are somewhat untouched by time or the homogenization of modern culture.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Light and Shadows, old buildings, random people in the street... However, I find that that dusk and dawn around bodies of water are just amazing, especially when there are people and silhouettes...

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I'd love to take sunrise and sunset photos of Yosemite. What an inspiring place (and my last name is Adams after all...)

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My wife. I have some colorblindness in the green range and I tend to be nervous when I try to bring out the colors in a photo using Photoshop.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
None. I use Photoshop for work a bit, but really have only scratched the surface.

9: Plans for the future?
To try to fit some photo outings into my crazy work schedule.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
"Opportunistic"

No comments: