Monday, March 15, 2010

Maguaphotos

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Maguaphotos

living-at-Canteras-Beach-a-28 by maguaphotos
This is typical for the way i love to work. A scene of human behaviour, of tenderness and connection that also works on a metaphorical level.

living-at-Canteras-Beach-a-11 by maguaphotos
This is one example of a great project of mine, a collection of photos taken at the city beach of my home town, Las Canteras on Gran Canaria, Spain. I plan to publish a book with this material. This photo especially shows one landmark of this beach, the auditorio Alfredo Kraus, which is a concert hall.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I have been involved in photography for most of my adult life since my late husband was an enthusiastic photographer from a famous family of photographers in Madrid, Spain. When my children were grown i had more time to pick up the camera myself.


2: Equipment you use?
I use different cameras, digital and analog.

3: Mac or PC?
PC


4: What inspires you?
My inspiration comes from the urge to express other forms or parts of my personality.


5: Preferred subject matter?
Doing social studies around human beings with my camera.


6: Name one thing you haven’t caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Primitives tribes


7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
With the people i love that are also involved in photography.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
self-taught

9: Plans for the future?
no

10: In one word, describe your photography.
photopainting

1 comment:

christian said...

Thanks so much for this brief glimpse into Esther's work. I am always totally captivate by it.