Thursday, March 25, 2010

EudaldCJ

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: EudaldCJ!!

Cavalls al Balandrau by EudaldCJ
I took this photo near my hometown, in the Catalan Pyrenees. While I was standing with my camera in front of these horses they approached me forming this curious composition

A Winter Day on the Beach by EudaldCJ
Barcelona beach in a winter afternoon. I like this scene, I think it reflects quite well the mood of this beautiful part of the city.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I started taking it seriously about 6 years ago when I got my first digital camera.

2: Equipment you use?
Cameras:
Olympus E30
Olympus E400
Canon Ixus 40
Lenses:
Zuiko 14-54mm
Zuiko 14-42mm
Zuiko 40-150mm
Zuiko 35mm Macro
Manfrotto 190 XPROB Tripod

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
I understand making a photo involves three phases: the first one would be having the idea or “seeing” the situation that will make a good photo. In this phase the inspiration can come from watching a film, listening to a song, watching other people’s photos, sometimes it is just a particular situation that makes you click your camera.
The second phase would be the process of taking the photo, this part is more about technique than inspiration.
The third phase would the processing of the photo. In this phase the inspiration depends on my mood, sometimes the final work has no relation with my first idea when I took the photo. Sometimes I work on the same photo for several days and the results are completely different.
And of course Flickr, a great source of inspiration!

5: Preferred subject matter?
I think more about a light, a mood, a situation rather than a particular subject matter. I like the idea of capturing a special moment involving people. In this sense I love wandering about in Barcelona, with my camera, trying to capture the mood of the city as I feel it.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I would really like to live with a community of people from a different culture for a period of time, trying to understand their way of living. Capturing this in photos is something that would very much fulfil me.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

My Flickr friends, of course!

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I am self-taught, I have learnt from books, from watching other people’s works and from making a lot of mistakes.

9: Plans for the future?
I will try to arrange some local exhibitions.
I would love to publish a book of photos concerning a topic, but this is more a dream than a plan 

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Moody?

No comments: