Thursday, April 01, 2010

Sapaho

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Sapaho!!

Feels like some kind of ride...
feels like some kind of ride... by sapaho
This sort of sums up one side of me - the macro loving, beauty seeking, flower loving part.
I love how this looks like its dancing and twirling and the quote seemed to fit. I love it when I find the perfect words for my shots.


Raining on their parade
raining on their parade by sapaho
An oldie (from the p+s days) and one of my most popular shots.
This is a mummy shot - its my girls and their best friends on a typical winter Saturday at the market in Hobart.
It's fun and it's happy and it epitomises the beauty of taking photos for the wonderful memories they help create and nurture

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I've been taking photographs for ever it seems.
My first camera would have been given to me when I was about 10 - a yellow splash proof Konica. I loved it. Film was soooo expensive though and I wasn't allowed to play as much as I would have wanted.
I've had great P+S cameras since - an Olympus Mju that travelled the world with me and took amazing shots (unfortunately it froze to death on a snowy mountain) and now a Sony cybershot.

2: Equipment you use?
I have a Nikon D80 (purchased purely on recommendations from my favourite flickr photographers) that I love.
I have the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 and the big boy the NIkkor 105mm f/2.8G.
I still carry my Sony cyber shot in my handbag when I'm out and about with the kids

3: Mac or PC?
New Mac and I love it.
I think I understand my old PC better tho :-p

4: What inspires you?
Inspiration comes from so many places - my kids, the simple parts of my daily life, the light, the changing seasons, flickr photographers, books, anything beautiful....

5: Preferred subject matter?
I'm a flowers girl!!
I like my garden and how it changes, my house and the things in it and my kids (but they don't make it on to flickr much - they just clog up the hard drive)

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I would love to get a shot of the whole family, looking normal, looking at the camera and smiling....too much to ask??!!

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I don't really confide in anyone about my art as such.
The techie questions go to K (Khantipol or kktp), Geisha, Charlie and Kiwi GaL

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
No qualifications in anything to do with photography - I don't photoshop and embarrassingly I still don't know what all the buttons on my camera do.

9: Plans for the future?
I'd love to do a phototgraphy course and learn how to use my camera properly.
I want to travel with the DSLR and revisit some of the beautiful places we've been to that I only had the P+S for
I want to get to Sydney and meet all those fabulous flickr girls I talk to all the time on line.
I want more time....

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Moments
(of beauty....to remember....that touch my heart...that make me gasp...).

No comments: