Monday, June 21, 2010

Biancavanderwerf

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Biancavanderwerf
nightcrawler  by biancavanderwerf

the watcher by biancavanderwerf

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I hold my first (borrowed) camera in 2005. Before that time I made just like everybody snapshots on vacation. I always draw and painted but now I started a new medium for my ideas..

2: Equipment you use?
A Canon 5D with a Sigma 17-35mm, Canon 24-105mm, Sigma 12-24mm, Canon 50mm, Canon 15mm, Sigma 105mm, a lensbaby and a Holga camera and a Canon G9

3: Mac or PC?
Still PC, but I am saving for a Mac..... almost there :-)

4: What inspires you?
It can be anything: dreams, music, films, news and everyday life

5: Preferred subject matter?
My work can be devided in two streams. The more experimental, these ones I draw out before I make them, I think them through and I know what I want to shoot and create in Photoshop.
The second stream is what I come across on my travels, on trips or abandoned places and use them to make my own, this is more traditional photography :-)

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
There are many landscapes or cultures that I want to capture in different countries, like New-Zealand, Japan, Iceland, Bhutan and many more..... And maybe Bono of U2 if that's a possibility haha.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Nobody. I am not so uncertain when it comes to my work. I make what I want to make. Off course I have some favourites, but I never post something I am unsure about, then I have to work on it harder..


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I went to Artschool in the 90's, I studied Architectural Design. Therefore I've learnt to watch and step out of the box perhaps. But with photography I am totally autodidact. I really really have to read some books now to enhance myself, but I don't like it :-)


9: Plans for the future?
To make better Art and to learn more about different ways of photography. And I want to combine different mediums together... But this is still a mystery, I have to figure it out!


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Surrealistic

No comments: