Saturday, July 02, 2011

Radonich Aleksandra

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Radonich Aleksandra!!

Faerie's Place by Radonich Aleksandra
I love to photograph places like this because they make me live the fairy tale which I had been listening when I was a child. I travel a lot and luckily still there are many wild / abandoned places like this in the Balkans.

 by Radonich Aleksandra
This is another representative photograph of my social portraits set. I love to photograph old women in Serbia while they are working. I try to hide myself and to catch them while they are spontaneously doing their things. These kind of photographs are some kind of a documentary because soon in Serbia there will not be anymore super women like them.

Then the questions...
1 Tell us a little about yourself
I was born in Pancevo, Serbia, in May of 1984. I'm a self-taught photographer, philologist (I love etymology), mythology devotee and admirer of Milos Crnjanski (great poet). I also learn how to make violins (yes, fiddle)!

2: How long have you been involved in photography?
Since I started to use digital camera, when I was in high school. I enjoyed my solitude (one of the greatest gifts that an artist can experience) and I wandered a lot.

3: Equipment you use?
Olympus e-pl2 (interesting camera), Canon 400D, Fujifilm s5600 (at the beginning and still for some studio shots!), Canon ef 70-200mm (not so much)

4 Who or what inspires you?
Everything. I love life. If I have to pick something, then I say old women in Serbia who despite their hard life show us how we must fight to survive...

5: Preferred subject matter?
Vanishing life and will for life in whatever shape.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Spirit of old life in Italy!


7 If you weren’t a photographer would you have another artistic pursuit? If so what?
I would play many musical instruments (now I play but not professionally) or I would be a painter (oh how I wish to paint!) or I would be a pro film maker of writer. Or scientist (I'm thinking to renew my mathematics knowledge).


8: Do you have any advice for someone just starting their photography journey?
Be alone for a while, enjoy the solitude, listen to the nature and your true self in photography will show.

9: Plans for the future?
To make a good violin. I'm sure I will because lately I had been seriously neglecting photographing because of violin making lessons!

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Livingfairytale

Thank you! The World Through My Eyes is the best group on Flickr!

No comments: