Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Delima

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: DeLima


Nas mãos dela... (On her hands...)
Originally uploaded by DeLima


-- from DeLima - (?)


1: How long have you been involved in photography?
Well, I´ve been involved in photography since I was a kid, about 8 or 9 years old. My grandfather gave me a “blue Yashica/Kyocera” as a Christmas gift in 1984, so, since then I´ve been playing with photography. But I´ve been taken it very seriously since January 2006.

2: Equipment you use?
I use a FujiFinepix S5600 girl named Clotilde.

3: Mac or PC?
PC.

4: What inspires you?
Life inspires me a lot…colors, faces, people and architecture and it´s details.

5: Prefered subject matter?
People, I guess…I think it´s very difficult to take people´s picture…they are always in movement, and you have to be FAST enough to register a unique moment…a face, an expression...of course that a good camera helps a lot.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Ah…there is one thing that I haven´t caught yet…a lightning!

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Well…I have some friends here in Belém (State of Pará, Brasil) and I talk with them about my own photographs sometimes…but I think the best thermometer for a pic is Flickr! There a lot of people can express what they think about your art! So I guess the best way to “kill” a doubt about my photographs is exposing it in Flickr!

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Well…I like to add some “effects” in my photographs using PS…but I definitively am not an expert.

9: Plans for the future?
Yes! I wanna buy a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 this year.Maybe I´ll buy in my vacations at São Paulo (now in July). I´m planning to buy a Canon EOS Rebel XT 8.0 next year, and some good lens for it!

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Curiosity

No comments: