Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Northlight

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Northlight


Hidden Falls
Originally uploaded by NorthLight


-- from NorthLight - (?)


1: How long have you been involved in photography?
For about 25 years,

2:Equipment you use?
I started with an Olympus rangefinder and got my first film SLR about 20 years ago. I moved to digital about a year ago and am really enjoying my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. I still like to use my film camera (a Canon Elan 7) and in that mostly use Fugi Provia 100 and 400 slide film. My favorite lens include a Tokina 12-24 mm wide angle zoom, a Tamron 28-300 zoom (my walk around lens) and a fixed 90 mm Tamron f2.8 macro.

3:PC or Mac?
PC.

4: What inspires you?
I am inspired by the outstanding and amazing work of Jim Brandenburg and John Shaw as well as from Lake Superior and its surrounding forests, wildlife and rivers.

5: Prefered subject matter?
Obviously, I really love Lake Superior and its many moods as well as the many beautiful and historical lighthouses that dot the Great Lakes protecting ships from dangerous headlands and reefs. I love to “capture” the critters and birds that visit my garden and backyard. And when I travel I can’t resist trying a street shot or two...nothing like that to remind me of the wonderful places and people that I have seen and met.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
A gray wolf.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My wife.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I have taken a local workshop or two but basically I would say that I am self-taught..

9: Plans for the future?
To continue to improve my photographic skills, take a professionally led field seminar and most importantly continue to enjoy making pictures and life in general.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Heartfelt

No comments: