Monday, May 21, 2007

Dale72


blue and green should never be seen....

This is one of the most beautiful sites I’ve seen. This day the bay not only looked amazing, but was doing amazing things. The normally dangerous, deep channel that is the mouth of the river at Carrum was amazingly ankle deep, and boats were having trouble coming in.
This young guy was having a great time on his skim board, but stopped to check out a boat trying to get past...

Supergirl

One of my faves, reminds me of all the great hours we spent on the beach this summer. My then 2 year olds favourite activity was for her Daddy to help her fly through the air and the water. This is the first time I shot RAW and I loved the processing options it gave me.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I loved photography as a kid and did some classes in high school. I worked at a US Summer camp for 3 years from when I was 19 as the camp photographer, which was back in the days of film and dark rooms. When I came back to Australia life got in the way and I didn’t get back into photography in a big way until about 18 months ago. I started my business about 6 months ago.

2: Equipment you use?
About a month ago I got a Canon 5D and a 24-70 2.8 lense. Before that I used a Canon 350D with the kit lenses and a 50mm 1.8..

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
My little girl inspired me to take up my photography again, wanting to capture all the real and wonderful moments of her growing up. Now I am inspired by all the wonderful photographers and people I have met along the way, including on flickr. The talent is amazing! I am also inspired by the knowledge that I can turn this passion of photography into a career and am working towards that now..

5: Preferred subject matter?
Kids, families, sunsets, landscapes, night shots, I just love taking photos of everything.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
It’s my dream to capture the sun rising on every continent  Better start saving for the trip!

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Usually friends I have made through photography who will understand. I find my family don’t get it, they just think everything I take is nice of course, as families do.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
No qualifications, just learning by experimenting and giving things a go.

9: Plans for the future?
Continue with my child / family photography business here in Melbourne and hopefully move into some commercial work eventually.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Joyful

No comments: