Monday, May 14, 2007

BACKROADSHUTTERBUG

Misty Morning Moose
Misty Morning Moose
This photo is where a sleepless night made my day, when I came across this cow moose around 5:45am,I waited till almost 7am when I had to take the shot or miss getting the photo.Taken with my 35mm Minolta and 1200mm lens,the in camera light meter was barely showing but I took the shot and this was the results.Scanned photo that really doesn't look like the original but is dear to my heart

Here's Looking at You Kid
This little fellow caught my eye the morning I saw him on my window screen.I din't realize how pretty insects can be until this guy.
Taken with my Sony TRV-730 in the still mode.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I have always loved photos but started taking pictures when I was in my teens that would be 1973 with a 110 camera,got my first 35mmSLR in 1982 and haven't looked back.I now have a Sony Digital TRV-730 Camcorder that I do all my photos with thanks to my brother who gave it to me a little over a year ago.So I would say 34 years would be quite accurate.

2: Equipment you use?
I have a 35mm Minolta x370s SLR with a 800 to 1200mm lens,70-310mmlens,35-70mmlens,closeup lens set and 2x converter that I use once in a while but now use as my main camera my Sony TRV-730 Handycam until I either can afford my dream camera a Cannon 30D with all the goodies.LOL So I'll be using my humble little handycam for quite some time.

3: Mac or PC?
I have a Wal-Mart special.HPPavilion a 705w

4: What inspires you?
The need to do better with what I have and now my flickr friends inspire me also.

5: Preferred subject matter?
My preferred subject matter is Maine Wildlife and Nature but will take photos of whatever catches my eye.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
The one thing I have been trying for years to capture is the elusive Cougar in the Maine woods.I have seen them,almost got the camera on them but have yet to get a shot of one.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I turn to my friends and family for their thoughts about the photos I take.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I am self taught everything I have learned or done is mainly through trail and error.I do have a few photography books that I read every now and again to get some ideas but mainly just do my own thing...no rules.

9: Plans for the future?
I plan on just doing what I'm am doing now only hope to have a real nice SLR camera to do it with someday.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Spontaneous

No comments: