Monday, September 24, 2007

*Elle*

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: *Elle*


-- from *Elle* - (?)
Myanmar 2007


-- from *Elle* - (?)
Deadvlei - Namib desert 1999

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
Since I’ve been 13.
I started travelling some years later, taking photographs has been a way to recall at home the emotions got around the world.

2: Equipment you use?
My equipment: I started with a Rolleiflex, than I passed to Nikon –cameras, the 1.st has been the FE2. My 1st digital-camera was the Sony DSC-F828, wich I bought 2004, I bought it very doubtfully. Since February I use the Nikon D200 whit
Nikon Lens Series E 28mm 1:2.8,
Nikon Lens Series E 50mm 1:1,
AF Nikkor 35-70 1:3.3-4.5,
AF Micro Nikkor 60mm 1:2.8,
AF Nikkor ED 80-200mm 1:2.8 D,
AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G ED
AF Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 G

3: Mac or PC?

4: What inspires you?
I’m fascinated and inspired by the light in all its appearances, and all that’s creating emotions. It could be the glance of a child or the petals, the landscape of a desert or architecture, the light in the sky through the clouds. I love details.

5: Preferred subject matter?
All the situations when light sculptors, touches or strokes a surfaces, persons, things, the landscape, the clouds. Only recently I also use the wide-angle lens which I did not like earlier. I preferred the tele-photo lens.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I would like to “freeze” drops at the very moment they touch the water-surface. I did not manage till now, but to be sincere I did not try seriously.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
For technical issues I ask someone (also in Flickr) or I search in books or magazines. What concerns my photos I send to Flickr, those I like. Sometimes I’m surprised for pictures I consider success I expected; on the other hand pictures I judge average are appreciated more than meant. Someone gives very good advices, I appreciate them very much. I am convinced Flickr has also this mission: help to see with more eyes and from different angles of view.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I did not attend courses and I read little about photographie. I ever followed my feeling, my istinct, my heart. I see for improvement (I feel the need of it) I must learn a lot and I’m moving. To say it with Henri Cartier Bresson, I will be able to use head & heart. Since I’ve joined Flickr (February 2006) I got to know Photoshop and I’m learning to use it with the support of books.

9: Plans for the future?
I will learn to use better Photoshop to improve my creativity. I feel I can express it also in the treatment of the pictures, but I will underline that the basis must be a good shot. Treatment I compare to a womans make-up wich must emphasizen her natural beauty and should not alter her or make her ugly.

10: In one word, describe your photography
For me taking photos is catch, keep and donate EMOTIONS. Without this “ingredient” every picture is flat, this adiction is basic. With photography I can give a shape to my emotions and one of my biggest pleasures is to share them.

No comments: