Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tanakawho

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Tanakawho


-- from tanakawho - (?)
This is one of the first photos from the time I began shooting super macro photos. I'm a point-and-shooter but have learned how to do shots like this with loupe thanks for one of my contacts, sakura*aya. Plants seeds always fascinate me & I'm quite pleased with this somewhat unique capture.


-- from tanakawho - (?)

The 2nd choice was really difficult. I love my sakura cat series, shots of some architectures...there are just too many(><).
So I've chosen the one with a rare subject for me. I'm so poor at taking a photo with people in it even if it's not a portrait. This was shot when I was going out of the Coneyisland station. When the view came into the sight, I almost reflectively took out my camera & clicked. I was rather surprised it came out this good(^_^;).

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I began taking photos a little more than 2 years ago. I have been all digital from the start. First purpose was to record some of my flower arrangements(my hobby). Then I found an article about Flickr in a newspaper and...the rest you may be able to guess. I got totally addicted.

2: Equipment you use?
Olympus X100→Olympus SP320→Olympus FE250
I use loupes to take super macro photos. Please read my profile about that.

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
Anything I feel interesting.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Animals, modern architecture, waterdrops...etc.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Spectacular lightenings. I don't think my camera allows that but some day I'll get a DSLR and...

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
No one special. All the great photographers & their photos in Flickr will inspire me.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Nothing. I'm self-taught or I'm a student of Flickr.


9: Plans for the future?
Well...I'm a publishing translator(mainly American mystery, horror, SF novels into Japanese) and hope to do the covers of the books I translate. Actually I have already realized it once(^_^;) but I want more.


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Variety?

No comments: