Thursday, July 31, 2008

Arnold Pouteau's

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Arnold Pouteau's


-- from Arnold Pouteau's - (?)
A picture I named "Dark City..." I took this one on my way from Brooklyn to Manhattan when low clouds invaded the City. The overall atmosphere was surreal. Somewhere between Blade Runner and Gotham. In a word an atmosphere, an energy, I have only experienced in NYC.


-- from Arnold Pouteau's - (?)
My 2nd favorite photo features Human Silhouettes (I really Love this subject). It was taken on top of the rockfeller center. When I was up there, it was quite packed. Amongst the people that were up there, 2 Persons were contemplating the Empire State Building, seated, steady, inspired and inspiring. This picture conveys what I feel for this city: Respect and Inspiration.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I've always been into photography. But It has become an essential part of my life from the time I moved from Europe to NYC 4 years ago.

2: Equipment you use?
Canon EOS 5D and Digital EOS 400D
7 lenses (Canon mount)

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
I am inspired by the permanent complementary and conflict between light and dark. The result can be a Human Silhouette outlining with simplicity an Emotion; Vivid colors reflected in a stormy sky painting a glorious landscape...

5: Preferred subject matter?
NYC by night when low clouds invade the city and reveal the true personality of the City
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
The Northern Lights

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My Family.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
No Training / Pretty Much Basic Photoshop skills

9: Plans for the future?
A Photography Book about NYC

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Contrasted

No comments: