Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mjmourik

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Mjmourik
My most faved shot on flickr:

-- from mjmourik - (?)

And this is my own favourite shot:

-- from mjmourik - (?)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I'm busy with (digital) photography at about 6 years now and a few years ago I was lucky to win a nice point and shoot camera from Konica Minolta. Their was a 'special action' from a cat food supplier in the supermarket where I usually do my shopping.
All I had to do to win this camera, was to pick of the phone, call the compoany and type in the number printed at the bottom of the package.
I already use an Olympus C-750UZ and this was a welcome addition at the time.

2: Equipment you use?
Konica Minolta- Olympus C750 & Olympus SLR (E-500)

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
The Dutch old masters and their fabulous use of skimming light effects.

5: Preferred subject matter?
The typical flat, empty, but very inviting Dutch landscapes.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I would love to do some portrait shooting, but lack the (right) people who can serve as a model for these desired pictures.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
As an artist I have no doubts about the way I express my view to the world and do not need any confidence, feedback or whatsoever. I just do it.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Graphic school of art in Rotterdam, 2 German courses for PS and try everything I can find on the internet about PS:)

9: Plans for the future?
I don't like to organize (I'm an artist;), but in spite of this, want to plan exhibitions throughout the country to promote my digital translation of the former Dutch school.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Luminous.

No comments: