Friday, July 18, 2008

Maureen F

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Maureen F

-- from Maureen F. - (?)

This photograph was taken when I just gotten my first DSLR camera and was just learning to use it. I like it because it was one of the first shots taken with this camera in which I played with it in Photoshop, which I was also just learning to use. It was a fun capture to play with and I was pleased with how it turned out.


-- from Maureen F. - (?)

To me this represents the beauty of nature. When I look at this photo of the Bee and Pansy.. I can remember clearly, taking it and really enjoying the moment. What the eye sees..and to capture it as well as possible is so wonderful.. I hope that I did so in a small way here.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I have always enjoyed photography as a creative medium but did not seriously get into photography until I was given a point and shoot digital. Ironically, Photography was what I wanted to study in College but my Parents told me that no one makes money taking pictures ..so they told me to choose something else!!
About 2 years ago, I discovered Flickr through a wonderful Icelandic photographer named Helga otherwise known as HKVAM.. I fell in love with her photography...so I signed up with Flickr and about 4 months later decided to go public with a simple photo of one of my birds and the rest is history!


2: Equipment you use?

Canon Rebel XTi
Lenses: Canon EF 100 mm F/2.8 macro USM
Canon EF 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 USM
Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III USM

3: Mac or PC?

PC

4: What inspires you?

The world around me, music and of course, many wonderful and amazing Flickr Photographers !! I learn so much from the many talented photographers here on Flickr !


5: Preferred subject matter?

None but I seem to shoot a lot of flowers !! I guess its because they are a handy medium in which to learn the technical aspects of photography..


6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

Landscapes. I have not really captured a good landscape to my satisfaction yet.....


7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

No one really, I tend to internalize but I do ask questions from other photographers when in doubt and make an effort to read more about photography ..plus there are so many wonderful photographers on Flickr in which to gain inspiration!



8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

none, self taught and still learning.....and I have a lot to learn!

9: Plans for the future?

No plans really..though it would be wonderful to do this for a living....For now I am just looking forward to where all this will take me.



10: In one word, describe your photography.

an exploration

No comments: