Monday, March 23, 2009

Sistereden2

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Sistereden2

Orchha * Early morning
Orchha * early morning by sistereden2
One of my favourite shots of a wonderful country, India. A timeless view of the magic city of Orccha, by the Betwa river in the soft light of early morning. Almost a biblical scene.

Paris in March

Paris in March #4 by sistereden2
I love the city where I live : Paris. Most of my parisian pics are pedestrians (the series “people around the corner”). Maybe there are illustrations, a kind of modest tribute to a great book “Le piĆ©ton de Paris” from the poet Leon-Paul Fargue.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I’ve been seriously involved in photography about 4 years ago when I got my 350D Canon. I love travelling around foreign countries far from Europe, I’m specially attracted to Asian countries.

2: Equipment you use?
I use Canon 40 D with 2 main lenses 17-55 mm and EF 24-105 mm. The major problem is that it takes a lots of space so I always to carry a PowerShot G9 in my bag (just in case inspiration comes).

3: Mac or PC?
I’m working on a PC laptop but I am very tempted to switch it with one of the new IMac

4: What inspires you?
What inspires me in the first place is the pleasure to discover a new country, a new city but I also like to go back to places that I have already seen or that I know by heart.
Then, I could say that photography is for me a way to meet and to get closer to people, I feel no longer myself when I have a chance to catch a glimpse of their lives.
To conclude, Flickr is a daily source of inspiration. I am amazed by the creativity of all these talented photographers.

5: Preferred subject matter?
What I like most is to shoot people in the streets, expressive faces, figures that humanizes a place.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Everything that needs long exposure, I don’t like to use tripods, I prefer to shoot with instinct.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Usually I don’t confide in anyone. I think that my best adviser is Time. I could be thrilled by a picture and then I can come to the conclusion that it’s not worth it. But I’m thankful for the support and the comments of Flick members

8: Qualifications/training in anything?
I am a self-taught photographer. I use Photoshop program, and try to improve myself with the help of tutorials that you can find on the web.

9: Plans for the future?
Many more travellings around the world and long walks in Paris and maybe a Blurb book on my indian trips.


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Glimpse.

No comments: