Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stefan Söderström

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Stefan Söderström

The milk man by Stefan Söderström
In this photo I like the composition. All the space above the cow really symbolize all the methane that cows produce, which in turn is a huge cause to climate change.

Polaroid glory by Stefan Söderström
I wanted to include this one because it's one of my earlier photos. I think this photo is all about fun and joy. It makes me smile.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
As a kid I had a small pocket camera which I mostly used for taking holiday pictures of my family. I bought my first digital at the turn of the millennium. It was a great little camera with 3,2 megapixels. Around 2005-2006 I took my photography to a new level. I got a DSLR camera and started to make photos instead of taking photos. I was hooked.

2: Equipment you use?
I mostly use a Canon 400D with a simple canon 50mm/1,8 and a Sigma 17-70 zoom. I also have a sturdy Manfrotto tripod. I am not the guy that needs to have the best and the most fancy equipment. I think one can take great photos with almost whatever camera if it's used in the right way. I have recently started to experiment with an old medium format camera, Agfa Isola, and I love it. For many years I have been a big fan of polaroid. I really hope that the production of the film soon will continue. New lenses are on my wish-list. Sharp lenses make it all so much easier...still if used right.


3: Mac or PC?
PC.....but I think my next one will be a Mac because they are so stylish ;)



4: What inspires you?
Other photographers. Flickr-ists are truly a great inspiration. Thank you! I often get inspiration from things or places I see. I like philosophy and often find myself conteplating, anything, and that's when ideas usually pop up.


5: Preferred subject matter?
I like to include something living in my photos. I am not very interested in looking at photos of subjects that are static and that I can view in reality with my own eyes. As I said earlier I like to make photos. That also means I like to be in control of things like composition and color. Whenever a living subjet is in front of the lens, that exact picture wont exist at any other given moment.


6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that
you REALLY want to capture.


The photo that I really think is perfect. I don't think that day will come, because I can always do it better.....and that gives me the energy to keep going.


7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Everyone and no-one. There are as many opinions as there are people. Lastly I really have to confide in myself.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I am totally self taught. Trial and error!

9: Plans for the future?
I have recently started off as a freelance photographer. I have been lucky and I think I already this summer can make a living from it. This will, of course, only be my day job. It's a way to earn money on something I enjoy doing and it gives me the opportunity to do what I really love doing on my spare time: art photography. At the moment I have my first solo exhibition running. I hope there will be many more in the future.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Heartily

No comments: