Monday, May 04, 2009

Dog Ma

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Dog Ma

A bunch of flowers... by dog ma
This was taken on a rainy day. Dark and dreary out, so that's the kind of natural light that came into the photo from the window on the left. I love shooting still lifes. And I'm a HUGe fan of adding texture to the picture to turn it into digital art.

The birds by dog ma
This little tree silhouette was taken down the Jersey shore in March. It was a little boring so I made a texture, then added the photo OVER the texture. Then added the moon and birds. This one was fun to make. I usually add texture to the photo, not the other way around. Each way produces a uniquely different result.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I've been seriously into photography for 2 years.

2: Equipment you use?
I use a Nikon D700 and an assortment of lenses, but most use the Nikkor 50mm f1.4, Sigma 105mm macro f2.8 and Nikon 20mm f2.8.

3: Mac or PC?
I'm a Mac user. I LOVE this computer!! I have a desktop and laptop. Both pretty new.

4: What inspires you?
Flickr has been a huge inspiration for me. I love looking at all the beautiful work people put up on their streams. Such amazing talent on this site!! I am awed by what others can do with a camera and a computer. When I see something that intrigues me (i.e.- HDR, texture and now photo manipulation)... I set out to learn how to do it.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Mostly I shoot flowers and dogs. I have a petsitting business, so I see dogs all day long. My clients seem to like the pics of their dogs and it's turned into a little side business. But flowers are my favorite subject. I don't need to bribe them to sit still and I love color!! Nature is where my heart lies..
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture
. ACTION shots!! I have a really hard time capturing motion. Not sure if it's my focus or settings, but I keep trying...

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
That would be my sister, Taryn. She shoots professional with her husband and is a really good judge on what's good or still needs work. She has taught me so much over the last two years. From the very basics to layering with texture. She is my Photography Rock and my photoshop genius!


8: Qualifications/training in anything?
ie: Photoshop Nope. No formal training, but like I said above, talking to my sister over the phone has really helped my photoshop skills. Although, I've only scratched the surface with what PS is capable of doing.


9: Plans for the future?
I have two showings booked so far. The first one is in July 2009 and the second is Feb. 2010. I hope it goes well.


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Passionate

No comments: