Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dani℮l

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Dani℮l

The day before spring by Dani℮l
This is HDR. I really like the perspective here as well as the strong and dynamic sky. The very low viewpoint is a thing I use a lot in my photography…


Dune by Dani℮l
This is not one of my newest but I’m still amazed by the way the elements of nature can shape a landscape like in this view. This shot was taken on one of the Dutch islands which are one of my top favourite places to shoot.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I’ve been interested in photography for a long time since I was young. But, until recent years, taking photos myself had been mostly limited to holidays and longer travels. Stumbling upon Flickr at the end of 2006, gave photography a new dimension for me. The possibility to share, view and discuss photos with people all around the world, made it much more interesting.

2: Equipment you use?
I use a Nikon D300 with a 10-24mm and a 18-200mm lens, both Nikon. I also own a 55mm micro ais and a 105mm ais, both old manual Nikon lenses from the 80’s, but visually they’re still crystal clear..
But my favourite lens is the 10-24mm and that has everything to do with my largest passion in photography (at least until now!), landscapes..


3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
The physical world and the sky. Anyone who has a look into my stream will notice that the photo’s I post are mostly about landscapes. I love watching the world, travelling and moving through it and think about it while watching it. It inspires me and in my photo’s I am trying to reflect how I see it. And also it’s just another great reason to get out and explore the world!

5: Preferred subject matter?
Landscapes. To me there aren’t many things better to watch than a great landscape combined with a dramatic sky. The great thing about landscapes is that there is a endless variety of them around us! Even the same place or area can appear so incredibly different just by a change of light or weather. The photographer is another factor which determines how a landscape appears. That’s a reason for me to try to visit places around where I live more often, just to try to capture a different mood or view of that same spot.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Spectacular lightning. That’s not an easy one, because here in the Netherlands we don’t get many chances during a normal year. I still haven’t been at the right spot at the right time with the right equipment.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Lol....it might be a bit early to talk about my photography as being art…
I must admit that I’m not in doubt about it that often. For me the main purpose of a photo is that my eyes will be pleased by the result. It should be fun to watch.
But I have to admit that when many people like a photo, it will give my confidence about that photo being a good one a boost.
To make it short, when I am in doubt about I will always first ask girlfriend Lotte. To me it is important what she is thinking about my ‘art’.
For the rest I really appreciate advice coming from fellow Flickr members!



8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
No I haven’t done courses or anything like that. But just watching photo’s here on Flickr, reading about photography in magazines and on the Internet, is a good training by itself I think. and of course shooting photos as much as possible might be the best traning there is!


9: Plans for the future?
Keep on shooting and improve post processing skills!


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Wow this is really difficult.......
Well I might combine the words landscape and sensational into a new word: “Senscapetional”

No comments: