Friday, December 18, 2009

Rich66

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Rich66

Marsh by rich66 ~ (busy but still checking in)
This is one of those peaceful places I could sit all day, lost in a world of Eco! It provides great inspiration. The marsh along the greenway is home to so many aquatic animals. A thriving eco-system.

Could I Possibly Be Any Cuter? by rich66 ~ (busy but still checking in)
I love wildlife. And this black squirrel (yeah, I know it's brown) and his buddies were so curious when I went to a local park that they would come right up and feed out of your hand. Some would literally pose for the camera. How could you resist the cute face on this little guy?

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

Actually not very long at all. About 5 years. Introduced to world of digital photography and Flickr by my friend Jeanie's Pics, a great photographer in her own right. We started geocaching and then decided to bring our camera's along in the hunt for the caches. We were exposed to so many new areas of New England that we had to document what we saw: landscapes, animals, structures, etc.

2: Equipment you use?

Kodak Easy Share Z712 IS. Hoping Santa got my letter for an upgrade.

3: Mac or PC?

PC, though I've heard MAC really has it's advantages. An upgrade is possible in a few years. Hey, it took me until this year to buy an iPod and they've been around forever.

4: What inspires you?

Natural elements and the seasons. Luckily for me New England experiences all 4 seasons and provides an abundant source of different landscapes and wildlife. I receive alot of inspiration just viewing all of my Flickr friend's photos as well.

5: Preferred subject matter?

Wildlife, landscapes, waterfalls and rustic settings & structures. Every now and then I'll find something that doesn't fall into those categories which takes me out of my element. Those are kind of fun to capture too. What I try to do is bring a little bit of my world in New England to all of you.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

Living in New England I have yet to see a moose in person. The only moose I see are those on the Moose Crossing signs. I would really love to get a shot of one of these elusive and majestic animals. Another animal I want to photograph is a river otter.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

Myself. I'll take photos and look at them for a while before deciding it's good enough. Something within the frame has to jump out at me before I give myself the greenlight to upload it. As I mentioned above, just viewing other photos here on Flickr is a true inspiration. That allows me to self-critique the images I capture as well.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

None really. I use Picasa to touch up or crop images but basically that's it. Alot of trial and error.

9: Plans for the future?

To continue being inspired by the world around me and share what I see with you. I've recently had a photo published in our local paper and had 2 of them placed in a Town Calendar. Maybe someday I'll showcase some photos in an exhibition or something like that. I think it would be cool.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

How about a hyphenated word....Eco-Friendly.

1 comment:

Curtis Copeland said...

Great article.... THanks for sharing!

Curtis

Wedding Photographers Miami