Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Tracie Taylor Photography

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Tracie Taylor Photography
generations of faith by Tracie Taylor Photography
This image is probably the most meaningful image I've ever taken. My Dads hands are our pillar of strength. He holds us up. My mom is supported by those very hands and surrounded by our love. Each one of us held in Gods hands. Both my mom and dads hands are holding my three daughters hands. This was taken last year just days before my mom lost her battle with cancer. I still get emotional feeling this image.
Generations of faith.

Runaway bride? by Tracie Taylor Photography
I chose this one because it's one of my current faves. Its fun. Ask me again tomorrow and I'm sure it will be a different image. :)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
Professionally, over 10 years. (I know what you all must be thinking, she must have started when she was like what, 10 years old???) LOL Okay, so maybe I’m the only one that thinks that! Yikes, I can’t be this old! Thank goodness for Botox!

2: Equipment you use?
Nikon D3 with nikon glass, Canon 5D's with canon glass and I just bought a new 1DS Marklll which I am excited about. Next I want to pick up a digital Leica. I've never shot a rangefinder so I'm looking forward to that. I have my 2nd shooters shooting my Canon bodies but I always have one canon and one Nikon on me for each wedding. (Minus Mike, he shoots whatever the heck he wants... He's a know it all. I kid him that I should be his 2nd shooter. :) I think my all time favorite lens is my Canons 85 1.2 it's pure magic.

3: Mac or PC?
LOL both (what can I say, I don't discriminate :)

4: What inspires you?
There are so many things that inspire me. I'm a true romantic at heart. Love inspires me. That's why I chose wedding photography as a career. Each wedding is such a blessing to be a part of. Surrounded by so much love and emotion. It's overwhelming, but in a very good way. I’m also big into the fashion industry so I try to bring that into my work. I love Flickr and that is a huge source of inspiration for me. I’m always checking out fellow photographers work and pushing the limits here and there. My 3 daughters are my daily inspiration, to say the least! You will find their faces plastered all throughout my websites and here on my Flickr stream.

5: Preferred subject matter?
Again, professionally weddings but I get so much joy from just documenting daily life. My family would probably be number one.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Two things come to mind, childbirth and In my heart and soul I would love to do missionary work which would allow me to document the people in Namibia, which is one of the most desolate regions in Africa. I think I personally take so much of life for granted. It's one thing to know and hear about the world around us but to actually be involved and make a difference is something I feel passionately about. My mom always told me that the gift of receiving is actually the gift of giving.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My kids actually keep me humbled. They are as honest as they come. Brutally at times. :) If I need a bit more depth other than "Mom that is weird...." I do in fact come here to Flickr. I have made so many close friends and I truly respect Flickr as a whole. Don't get me wrong I know how the game here can be played but if you take it down a notch, get real and come to Flickr asking for help, asking for advice, I find that the ones that take the time to be honest are the ones that I respect the most.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Hmmm in anything.. that is a broad question. I suppose an overall answer would be yes. However in this new digital age I am considered self taught. Before then, back in the film years (yes I know I am dating myself again.....) I do have a degree from CSULB. I was a Kindergarten teacher for many years before switching careers. If you want to go way back I also owned a retail Spa and Gazebo store and waited tables throughout college. I also worked the MAC counter at Nordstroms and was a neighborhood babysitter. :) Imagine all of that before my current age of 21. :)


9: Plans for the future?
Yep. I want the fairytale Happily Ever After......


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Courageous

No comments: