Monday, November 15, 2010

(JT)

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: (Jt)!

 by (Jt)
My student Lucy. A great kid, that certainly dreams of bigger things.

 by (Jt)
Dedicated to my father.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I suppose not a very long time. My parents were always into it while I was growing up. My mom's Leica's were generally basking around the house. Heaven forbid I touch one though lol.

2: Equipment you use?

Wow, this is a tough one. I use a very wide range of equipment. For most of my street work, I use a Leica M6 or M8 with a variety of lenses. I've bounced back and forth lately between my 5D Mark II and a Nikon D7000 I picked up from Nikon Korea.I don't believe there is a perfect camera. A lot of my stream comes from my Iphone, which I dearly love! My favourite camera of all time is definitely the Leica Digilux 2, a 5 megapixel rangefinder style camera from 7 or 8 years ago.

3: Mac or PC?

All Mac. I use a Macbook Air for the road, and an Imac at home.

4: What inspires you?

People.

5: Preferred subject matter?

I don't discriminate, lol. However, I will say if you look at my stream you'll see a lot of the streets of Asia. A lovely and interesting place.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

I would've loved to have taken a proper portrait of my Father. He's passed recently and I suppose I'll never have the chance. A big influence on my life, and easily the best person I've ever known.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

I confide in myself. My Dad once told me that I have only have myself to blame when I make a mistake, and only myself to pat on the back when I succeed. I believe that. When I need someone to confide in I just look in the mirror.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

Nothing! But, my style of photography doesn't take a lot of work. I'm not sure I've ever spent more than a couple of minutes on a picture in Lightroom or PS.

9: Plans for the future?

Go back to Law School I suppose! It would've made my Dad proud. As of know, my friend and I are planning a cross world trip from Korea to Vancouver, the long way around, on motorcycles. Inspired by a Ewan McGregor trip a couple years back, it'll take 6 months or so and honestly, I can't wait! Starting a blog about it in the next couple weeks. Stay tuned!


10: In one word, describe your photography.

I'm horrible with word count restrictions, but I'll make it easy.

It's me.

No comments: