Monday, December 13, 2010

David HR

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: David HR!

The Shadow... by DavidHR
View from the top of 'Levant Terril' at Mons in Belgium. A 'terril' is a hill made from mining waste. There are still a lot of them in the old mining regions like Mons, now being appreciated as green areas. For this shot I've used a ND1000 filter for a long exposure of 30 sec. One of my favorite! :)


La Mer VI by DavidHR
This shot was taken at Blankenberge (July 2010) in Belgium when I was on the beach with my wife and children ... not with a ball but with my tripod :) This shot has been included in my new calendar 2011 with some of the photographs from Blankenberge (set: www.flickr.com/photos/hdr400d/sets/72157603572145158/with...

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I started photography in 2007 with my first DSLR, a canon 400D with the kit lens and a Tamron 18-200mm XR Di-II. That's when I discovered HDR & DRI techniques on Flickr. I've used HDR for many of my photographs especially for the abandoned castle serie (set: www.flickr.com/photos/hdr400d/sets/72157602830114983/).

2: Equipment you use?

Previously the canon 400D and now the Canon 7D. My lenses are the tamron 18-200mm XR Di-II and the one I always use for landscapes: the wide angle Sigma 10-20mm. I've some ND filters (nd400, nd1000) for long exposures and some cokin and hitech filters (grad reverse 0.6 & 0.9). I should get the Singhray reverse gnd filter soon :) One thing I never forget: my tripod...I should get a new manfrotto soon.

3: Mac or PC?

I've never used a MAC but maybe one day... ;)

4: What inspires you?

Beauty and colors of the nature; the power in the sky and sea waves.

5: Preferred subject matter?

I've tried my cats, my children, my wife...even my fishes...but I still prefer landscapes & seascapes and sometimes abandoned places :)

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

A Real Storm...you know...something like a Hurricane...but we don't have that here in Europe... what I like in a storm is the power released into the sky and the beautiful clouds formation... and if you have the rays from the sun through the clouds...wow...just amazing :)

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

Usually my wife.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

I am self taught and I've learned a lot from friends on Flickr.
Concerning photoshop, I've learn a lot from the Extreme Photoshop Training Course (4 DVD) released by Mark Monciardini.

9: Plans for the future?

Belgium is a very small country with no extraordinary landscapes but I would like to prove the contrary! I also like France, which is a very beautiful country with amazing landscapes. I therefore intend to travel a bit more in France.

Creating a website with my photographs is also in my plans.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

unusual :)

No comments: