Sunday, January 16, 2011

Izakigur!

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Izakigur

Tierra Madre  - Centovalli.  Switzerland /Italy Octobre 27 ,2009 17:30 by Izakigur
A picture of a summer sunset , in Ticino at the Swiss - Italian border.
I was inspired by the writer, pioneer and pilot Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, the author of "The little prince" and "Wind, sand and stars " .
He wrote: "...what gives a meaning to life gives a meaning to death."

Monte Rosa,(4634m) / a view from Gornergrat (3,130m).(847) by Izakigur
A picture of Monte Rosa taken from the Gornergrat / Switzerland. Zermatt. In summer 2010.
I took a picture of a few of the elements which I most love: The alps, the clouds, and a glacier.
Man feels so little in front of such an infinite panorama. It's a transcendental experience.


1: How long have you been involved in photography?
Since the age of 10...!ü(almost 40 years but seriously in the last 28 years...ü!)

2: Equipment you use?
Nikon D200 + Nikkor 17.0-55.0 mm f/2.8...and some more other lens.
I will soon buy a Nikon D700 . I am using small cameras as well... (Canon ixus..Nikon Coolpix... ).
I work with Photoshop CS5.

3: Mac or PC?
Mac

4: What inspires you?
Life, emotions, cities and landscapes. As well I do admire and I am inspired by other photographers and arts (cinema, music, poetry).
Lets say: Alvarez Bravo, Henry Cartier Bresson (the decisive moment), the poetry of Adget, the urban vitality of Brassay, the unconventional photography of Robert Frank, The landscapes of Anselm Adams, and the films of Orson Wells (Touch of Evil)...

5: Preferred subject matter?
Cities and Landscapes have the same importance for me..
I have shot many portraits ..Not always digital...ü!

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
The Himalaya mountains and the life in the indian cities.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
Flickr's comments help me to recognize good images...
My close family and clients I take pictures of also express their opinion.
But most of the time it is myself...

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Scholl of photography + 4 years in Academy of Arts...

9: Plans for the future?
To take pictures for a book on Zermatt and the Alps.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
I can use words from others..I think that most of the photographs speak better with ther images..
So I love to say that I am "denying time" , and I am "following the light".
Light is the big seducer..Light is life..life is light..
I follow light with my own means as photographer.

No comments: