Monday, January 24, 2011

Pink Sherbet Photography

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Pink Sherbet Photography
Sunset Friends Love Heart by Pink Sherbet Photography
This photo was taken spur of the moment just as the sun was setting. I'd been wanting to do it for a while but I had to wait until my models (my teenage daughters) decided it was cool. We spent about ten minutes for the entire photoshoot. They were happy with the results. I was even more happy that we had a good time together.

Melty Summer Ice Cream Cone by Pink Sherbet Photography
The ice cream cone was made for my grandson, but he decided it was too messy and he didn't want it. Well, I couldn't let a perfectly sweet ice cream cone go to waste, so I got the camera and started shooting. I love the melty bits, they're my favorite part of the photo!

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I took my first digital photos in May of 2006 when on vacation in Hawaii. Before 2006 I never really had any interest in taking photos. I lacked the patience for film, and usualy just collected dusty film canisters, rarely developing any rolls. Digital photography was instant photography gratification for me and I fell in love .

2: Equipment you use?
Currently shooting with a Canon 5D Mark ll. No external flash, so natural light is what I use most often. I love my camera, but it really doesn't matter what equipment a photographer uses. My first digital camera was a $99 point and shoot Kodak Easyshare. Some of my oldest and most-loved images on Flickr were taken with that little camera.

3: Mac or PC?
PC, though my husband wants to try Mac sometime in the future.

4: What inspires you?
I'm inspired by everyday life, simple things around me, my family and my wonderful friends here on Flickr.

5: Preferred subject matter?
My main subjects are mostly my family. I also love to create images with fun subjects such as candy, flowers, balloons and food. I frequently aim for happiness in my images. If it makes me smile, I usually shoot it.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I'd really love to shoot a live birth. I have six children and never had any photos taken during the labor and birth, It's something I find completely fascinating and beautiful. If the chance ever arises, I'd love to do that.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My family. They often come up with photoshoot ideas. I have to work with them because they are my main models, if they don't like my idea for a photoshoot, I'm out of luck. Happy models make better images! If I can't decide which photo I like best I usually ask my husband and children which ones they like best, the ones with the most votes get uploaded.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
No Photoshop. I do use the photo editing program that came with my Canon. I've learned everything from trial and error. I'm an independent freelance stock photographer, and I've had images licensed through The Flickr Collection on Getty Images for almost two years now.


9: Plans for the future?
I plan to keep shooting what makes me happy. I fall more in love with photography every day.


10: In one word, describe your photography.
The most common thing I hear from people is how much they enjoy the colors of my photos, so the one word that I think fits best would be "colorful". I'd also use the words "unscripted" and "happy" to describe my photography.

No comments: