Monday, October 02, 2006

Kris Kros

Featured Photographer: Kris Kros

hollywood late night show

miniature city

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
It has been about 8 months now as a serious flickr photographer. Almost 20 years ago, I bought a professional Canon film camera because back then, I already loved photography. I was fascinated with macros, depth of field, and sport shots. But my interest fizzled out due to my focus on my career.

2: Equipment you use?
I started with a Casio EX-Z57 when I first joined Flickr. Now, I got a Nikon Coolpix 8800, a prosumer digital camera. It's not SLR and I wish I can upgrade in the not so distant future to a full-pledge SLR.

The Nikon Coolpix 8800, though, is a big help in my HDR production. It has RAW format and the most beneficial of all is the auto-bracketing of up to 5 exposures. The 10x zoom, the VR (vibration reduction) and 8-megapixel are top features. Not bad at all.

My dream cam is the Nikon D200. I'll settle for the Nikon D80 if I got some money to spare. On a lookout for a cheap D50 or a D70 or a Canon Rebel.

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
It's the mood of the day. I must be happy if I decide to go for a photoshoot. Never grabbed my camera if I was lonely. But as a rule of thumb, I always have my camera with me when I leave my house. My tripod is stored in my van as well as extra batteries.

5: Preferred subject matter?
No particular subject matter. Everything my eyes can see is beautiful subject for my photography.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Underwater shots.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
My family. They're both my fans and very experienced critics as well. They are actually critics first, then fans after convincing them with a stern look from me.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
No professional training in both photography and Photoshop. Just taught myself through books, google and flickr exposure. In this field, I can say I am a graduate of school of hard knocks. No, I am still a freshman till now.

9: Plans for the future?
To be a well-known professional artist and photographer. I mean, to be better than who I am right now and most definitely, should be earning. The last one is a must.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Creative.

No comments: