Saturday, July 07, 2007

Johny Day




I do tributes to other artist that inspire me on Flickr once in a while , so many inspire me to try to do better all the time and I'm grateful to so many of you.


I love the magic of Photoshop mixed with a good pic , I never apologize for using the program , the only limits are your imagination and the time you can put into it . I am retired so time is on my side ;o)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I always loved photography , I used to have a Canon A1 & AE1 in the 80's when i moved to the USA but marriage and kids put a stop to it ( too expensive ) , two summers ago in July I bought my 1st Sony

2: Equipment you use?

Sony DSC-F828 is so easy to carry that it is my don't leave home with out a camera 1st choice , it fits like a gun under your arm pit , don't even know it's there ( red neck observation ) ,it has a 18-200mm lens that is just great plus it does a type of photography that is just harder to do with a DSLR ,
now that I live in Montreal I carry my Sony α100 with a 18-70mm & 70-300mm lens in a little pack sack , a must in the city

3: Mac or PC?

All PC , 2GB RAM with two NEC 17" monitors , it will be four years old in September , i do need a 21" monitor

4: What inspires you?

My biggest inspiration ? we are going to get personal here , I lived in the USA for 25 years and as a French Canadian I have an accent when I talk English so naturally it draws attention to myself , so I became a performer , I dint want the Americans to think that Canadians where second class citizens in North America , I loved living in the US so much that I became more American that the Americans themselves .

I was a PBX Telephone technician for the State of New Work office buildings , a volunteer Firefighter and Fire instructor and an advance emergency medical tech. intermediate , in other words a passionated dedicated maniac until the night I broke my back on a false alarm , so I spent the next seven months going down hill until i got operated on and start receiving NY State workman comp for volunteer Firefighter ( which is not much ).
Nine months later I went to college and met Photoshop , instant love affair , I was living in a tiny studio apartment , my living room was my bedroom kind of thing to save enough to buy my 1st digital camera .

What inspire me the most is having the satisfaction of being productive again and proud of what I do ,


5: Preferred subject matter?

That is an easy question to answer , my Standard Poodle Holly Wood , a dog I rescued that is an Angel to me , she is the one rescuing me , she became my #1 model and with her I became a better photographer and photoshopper .But to be honest I am still searching and trying all kinds of subjects , I'm easily amused and have a vivid imagination so I always make the best of my environment
Artistic animal photography is what I like for right now I always had a connections with animals but people , specially women that look like Princesses / Angels with that very intelligent kind look in their eyes is my next step .
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

Wings of a white swan or another big white bird , so I can use them in creative composition with women

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

In my contacts most of the time , after all we live the same things with our ups and downs artistically , talk the same language and I don't have to explain what a pixel is ;o)

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

Photoshop for the web 1& 2 at my local college and advance Photoshop for photographer at College Marsan de Montreal also at college Marsan i took photography option pro 1 & 2 ( models etc )

9: Plans for the future?

I compare learning photoshop to learning a musical instrument , everything you see on Flickr is practice , every day ( or just about ) i photoshop two to six hours , my dream is to be a successful digital artist , successful enough to have my son work with me

10: In one word, describe your photography.

I cant in one word , i cover to many subjects , Passion , is the 1st one that comes to mind but Emotions is right there to ...

Thank you very much , I consider it an honor to participate in this

Johny day ;o)

No comments: