Saturday, July 21, 2007

*Louise**

Featured Photographer: Louise


This first one is special I guess because it represents what I like best that is street photography. Also being originally from Canada and having lived in France for the last 10 years I don’t get to see snow very often so it is always a happy time when I see a few snowflakes. This photo was also published in a British magazine, so that was a big thrill.

Happy Furry Friday...
I know a lot of people can’t stand cat photos but I love cats and never get tired of trying to capture their essence. Everything is beautiful in the cat.


1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I’ve always loved photography, the image. When I was a child I use to pour over National Geographic magazines hoping to visit all the wonderful places and thought the best way to do this was to become a photographer for NG. Needless to say that didn’t happen… I’d say I started to shoot regularly about 2 years ago.

2: Equipment you use?
I have a Lumix DMC FZ5 and a little Lumix DMC LX2 I always carry with me. I must say I’m not much of an equipment buff.

3: Mac or PC?
PC but I’d love to get a Mac

4: What inspires you?
I guess pretty much anything can inspire me. Beauty can inspire me as well as ugliness, whatever catches my eye. Hard question to answer.

5: Preferred subject matter?
I’d have to say street photography. I like to try many things but I always come back to street photography. To be able to capture an instant, a moment. Although I am quite shy and reserved I love to watch people and try to capture an instant of their lives.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Well I guess that perfect street moment. I don’t know what it is yet but I’ll know when I see it. (And I better have my camera with me)

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
None of my friends are really into photography like me so I guess I turn to Flickr for inspiration. Or when I doubt or feel I’m in a rut I stop shooting for a week or two.


8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
Nothing really, pretty much self-thought with books, magazines, tutorials and such.


9: Plans for the future?
In September I plan to join our local photo club which will permit me to exchange with other photographers and help me get more into the technical aspect of photography… People say I have a good eye but I lack greatly when it comes to technique (I barely understand F stops)
I sort of go by feeling but I know my photography would be greatly improved if I had better knowledge of how my camera works. (pretty embarrassed to admit this)



10: In one word, describe your photography.
Therapy

No comments: