Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ms. Ryan (Flawed Emmy)

Featured Photographer: Flawed Emmy


My "Peter Pan" image is probably the most favorite of my images because it reminds me of my own childhood and how much fun it was as a kid to play with simple things like shadows. I took this photo during one of my semesters at school and I entered it into my first ever competition and won 2nd place. So this image will always have a special place in my heart.


This image is all about texture and fun during childhood when we are able to get down and dirty only to go to bed and start again the next day

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I started taking photos when I became a mom, but mostly they were horrible snapshots... you know the kind, they are out of focus, red eyes, and parts cut off in weird ways. In September 2005 I decided to go back to college. I had been accepted at two colleges, one for photography and the other for physics and I decided that while my kids were young yet I would go with the one that wouldn't fry my brain. After my first semester I was hooked! I found conceptual photography and I was reborn.

2: Equipment you use?
Up until January of this year I was using a used Canon D60, unfortunately it was stolen. But I know of this special couple in England here on Flickr and they sent me a Canon 350, because they felt that I shouldn't be without one. Black_Wolf and Cookie_Lady1 rowk!! They made me feel as if I was on the right path with my work, and also that there are true human guardian angels on this earth! I don't have anything fancy, I don't even own a softbox, or and extra photography equipment, all i use is the camera, my f/2.0 35 fixed lens, and Adobe Lightroom most days!

3: Mac or PC?
I am a 200% Mac girl!

4: What inspires you?
Emotions, my children, my past, my everyday life!

5: Preferred subject matter?
Of course my kids, but mostly just people in general. I am very curious and I try to see into people's lives with my camera.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I think for me it is different because I don't base my photos on specific things, but rather emotions. I'd have to say I'd like to capture rage, and I haven't yet.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I call my best friend, Jason Briscoe (ManBlu), who I went to school with, is an awesome street photographer, and he gives me unfailing support.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
I have attended 3 semesters towards my digital photography degree, and I have a manager who is helping me get work.


9: Plans for the future?
I hope to be putting out a book this year of my work, and who knows after that!


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Emotive

No comments: