Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Claypanpete

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER : Claypanpete

-- from claypanpete - (?)
I chose this because I think it is one of the most powerful images in my stream, and is an example of a new direction and appreciation for the stories of humanity. I used to avoid having people in photos.


-- from claypanpete - (?)
This I think shows my interest in natural abstracts, composition, and the planet generally, and is an example of why I picked up a camera in the first place.

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
A looong time. Since the late 80s.
I worked for years as a guide throughout some of the most amazing natural areas in Australia and my camera was always part of my kit. I have only made the transition to digital in Late '05.

2: Equipment you use?
Canon 30D
Canon17-85mm
Canon 100-400mm
sigma 10-20mm

3: Mac or PC?
PC

4: What inspires you?
Waking up is generally pretty inspiring. My Woman Kira. My Son Xaver. The area I live and the people who dwell there. My sister Sandy is a fine photographic inspiration. This is really trick question which I will sum up by saying err,,,,, life.

5:Preferred subject matter?
Landscape and the stuff I notice within it with an abstract slant, although humanity is becoming as important. I enjoy the adrenalin of street photography and the challange of capturing a glimpse of the soul of the street, though I dont feel I have yet.
Studio work and structured photography will probably remain a mystery.
To spend days out bush with camera, swag, simple food and a billy is as good as it gets.

6:Name one thing you havn't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture?
All those elusive moments I see with my eyes but miss with the viewfinder or shutter for one reason or another. I am not aware of anything specific.

7: When in doubt about your art who do you confide in?
I don't take it too seriously. Probably because I don't rely on it,,,,,,yet, but Kira is a great believer in what I do and is an honest critic so that is sure to help. The work I sell is mostly seen and purchased on the spot rather than the pressure of assignments.

8:Qualifications/Training in anything? ie Photoshop?
self taught with the help of different people over the years. Still learning.
Photoshop is a mountain to climb!

9:Plans for the future?
get my first exhibition off the ground. learn photoshop to an acceptable standard.

10:In one word describe your photography.
Me.

No comments: