Tuesday, March 04, 2008

ToniVC

FEATURES PHOTOGRAPHER: ToniVC
"Ancient Spirit (revisited)”. This was my first big Flickr success, and a picture that was the start of the processing style that made me known here.

-- from ToniVC - (?)

“Just a Flower”. I chose this one because it was my first published picture and I’m proud of it.

-- from ToniVC - (?)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
I started taking pictures regularly in June 2002, when I got my first digital camera from one of my relatives who let me use his own (a Canon PowerShot G2 compact camera). Before that I just had very sporadic contacts with analogic photography (always with very simple compact cameras), but having to wait (and pay!) for the results just made me stay away from photography. I just had no patience nor money…
The coming of digital cameras really was just what I needed! I could take any number of pictures for free! I could experiment without having to wait for the results and having to care about the number of shots I took… In 2003, coinciding with the birth of our first daughter, I bought a Canon PowerShot G3, and used it mainly for family shots. Progressively I started to do more “creative” shots, opened a Flickr account, bought a Canon PowerShot A640, started to play with PhotoShop… and here I am!
So, as you can see, I’m quite new to photography.

2: Equipment you use?
A bare Canon PowerShot A640 compact camera… and various software, mainly PhotoShop.

3: Mac or PC?
PC, but I’m not a Taliban on that subject, hehehe ;) I think that the tools are not so important: what really matters is the result.

4: What inspires you?
Anything I see and I like! I always carry my camera around and shoot whenever I can.

5: Preferred subject matter?
I actually don’t have a preferred subject because I tend to shoot anything I like, as I said before. But on Flickr I’m known for my old architecture shots. I also love doing macro photography.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
Maybe any extreme weather phenomena, like a tornado, a big snowstorm or something like that.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I usually ask my wife :) (and sometimes I ask some Flckr friends too…)

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
None. I’m absolutely self taught on all photographic aspects, even edition. I’m continuously learning… and I assure you I have a lot to learn yet!

9: Plans for the future?
Buying a better camera, maybe a reflex one, and a great wide angle lens. But it should have a great LiveView mode and rotating LCD screen. I think I couldn’t be without it!

10: In one word, describe your photography.
I don’t think

No comments: