Wednesday, March 19, 2008

~Geisha~

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: ~Geisha~

I chose this photo because The World Through My Eyes really welcomed it. It was one of my earliest, and was taken when i only had a point and shoot camera. At the time I was just starting on flickr, and playing around with photoshop elements. The response really encouraged me to continue and probably is to blame for my flickr addiction! lol...
barely there by ~ geisha ~

Those who know my stream know this blue as 'geisha-blue' lol...
It's my favourite background, and has become a bit of a signature.
I also seem to have a thing for feathers, and this is one of my faves.

 loving every breath of you... by ~ geisha ~
1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I really became interested in it when i discovered that the point and shoot that i bought in August 2006 had fantastic macro!
Then the addiction progressed to a DSLR in October 2007. So I am really only a newbie! :)

2: Equipment you use?

I don't use the point & shoot much now......but it is a Ricoh Caplio R4, and some of my most popular photos are from that camera.

Nikon D80
18-135mm Kit lens
Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro
Hardly ever use a tripod.
Photoshop Elements 3

3: Mac or PC?

Mac 12" Powerbook

4: What inspires you?

I constantly see things on flickr that inspire me....so i would say the brilliant work of fellow photographers!

5: Preferred subject matter?

that's easy......flowers....feathers....coffee! lol...

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

I have chased many a ladybug.....but they keep running away from me!!!

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

I have a good friend (Acoustic Soul) who often comes on shoots with me, and we often talk about what might make a good shot.
My close flickr contacts are also great for advice technically, especially kktp, Streuth! and .: karenA :.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

ummm...........none......lol....

9: Plans for the future?

I am terrible at planning ahead...........but i plan to learn what my camera can really do! I feel like i've only scratched the surface so far...

10: In one word, describe your photography.

Only one???...........................'soft'

No comments: