Tuesday, March 11, 2008

iPhotograph

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: iPhotograph


-- from iPhotograph - (?)
The first one was rather easy: It's my most fav'ed and commented picture (which I happen to like a lot, too):


-- from iPhotograph - (?)
The second one was much harder. I chose this picture of the local forest because I wanted to show that I not only take pictures of animals at the local zoo and I just loved the mood ...

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

1981 I got my first SLR. From then on I used it mostly on vacations. 2001, I bought my first digital camera and my interest in photography grew exponentially. 2004 i bought my first DSLR and photography is now my main hobby...

2: Equipment you use?

A Nikon D200 with some lenses from 10 to 340mm focal length. The details can be found on my profile page.

3: Mac or PC?

At work, I use a PC. At home I use Macs for about 16 years now. Currently, I have a MacPro with Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom for my photo editing.

4: What inspires you?

The world in front of my eyes.

5: Preferred subject matter?

Everything I can point my camera at. ;) I like going to the local zoo or sometimes I just take the camera with one lens with me when I walk my dog and then check out what I can 'find' with that lens.
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

Someday I'd like to try some studio work (portraits).

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

I'll post at a german Nikon forum (Nikonpoint.de). They're very discriminating and will show me all the flaws I have missed. Or I'll post them to TMTME and watch for the comments ;)

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

Autodidact. Recently, I found lynda.com and watched some video tutorials for PS CS3.

9: Plans for the future?

Taking more pictures, finding a reason to justify a 300/2.8, ...


10: In one word, describe your photography.
Aware.

No comments: