Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lilion

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Lilion


-- from lilion - (?)
..So came the afternoon and I got into my car to seek out some special place for my photo project … given the mood I was in, I did not find a thing, and half an hour later decided to head for home … some three minutes from home I came upon a group of kids who impeded my progress … I stopped and almost screamed... a lot of painted faces surrounded my car, some pressed against the windows. I got out of the car - whilst they took up several ‘frightening’ poses. I just kept ‘shooting’ and the play proved exciting as, without any prior plan, wherever I clicked the subjects just materialized, and I was drowning in the richness of the colours…

While reviewing my pictures, I got so terrified (as countless little devils overwhelmed my system) that I was on the point of erasing some 100 shots. It felt as I was under some strong spell and was no longer in control. From these shots the series of “Street Art” was born, a title only given to balance the pictures’ quite aggressive mood, which immediately brought my ambivalent feelings into equilibrium.

For me, this picture provided a meaning for the lot of them…”AFTER ALL, ITS ONLY A CHARADE !!! AS WE ALL HAVE THESE FACES!!!” in all of us there is both good and bad … it only depends on what we are looking for.


-- from lilion - (?)
if eyes are called the mirror of our soul, what hands can tell?

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I work with photography along all my professional career, but all the time I took pictures just for myself - traveling, visiting different places, meeting people, using good old 35 mm Pentax.
5 years ago I bought my first digital camera that helped me in my work. But I think it has been for a couple of years I am really involved in photography. I really don't know how it has happened. While working on others' photographs I just noticed that I was thinking, how I could have taken this picture, where I could have placed the accent or use the light. And just started shooting...

2: Equipment you use?

I used compact cameras for awhile, but in January I bought Pentax K10D with two lenses - 1:3.5-5.6 18-55 mm and
1:4-5.6 50-200 mm, and now I actually am learning this camera. But still use compact Sony DSC-N2.

3: Mac or PC?

Mac

4: What inspires you ?

Inspiration is wonderful when it happens, but it is impossible to sit and to wait for when it will come. It is important to have a reason, to start action and inspiration will come.
After years of my professional carrier I understood that I have much more to impart, to pass, to tell, than just my graphic works... some feelings I own, something that exists in everyone, but not everyone notices it in the fussy of our life. All of us message something, and these messages leave signs... I want to discover and to show that every person is unique, that even insignificant or unimportant thing can be really beautiful.... I'd like to show invisible, you can call it „mysteries, specific things, secrets”... yes, that is – I want to learn these secrets or at least try to do it.
I still don't know how, making my timid attempts but I know that photography is all about it. When I see the shot on the screen of my computer I learn things that were concealed. I call it kind of revelation.

5: Preferred subject matter

Feelings, secrets, joy, pain, mental anguish, behaving... things that are hidden and the most exciting is to bring them from the depth to the surface.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

I've never thought about it... :)

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in

I have a very good and reliable friend, a "partner in crime":) on flickr. We (Anna&me:)) use to discuss our works, helping each other a lot.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

Being a professional graphic designer I started with the first Photoshop version in 1989 and since that time have been using this program (CS3) and some times Lightroom as well.

9: Plans for the future

I am working on an interesting project, connected with visual arts, I have some ideas, hope I'll managed to realize them.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

It is mpossible....or I must steal the idea from Julian (Freelancevirtuoso), but I respect copyrights :)

No comments: