Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Luka Skracic

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Luka Skracic

"Queenscliff Pier"

I had planned the night before to get up early and drive almost an hour away to Queenscliff, Australia, to see if i could catch a nice sunrise from that direction. When i got there it was cloudy and there was barely any colour in the sky, so i decided to go monochrome and i'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

-- from Luka Skracic - (?)

"The Coast is Always Changing"

A shot that i had been thinking of for a while but never had the right light and weather to do it justice.


-- from Luka Skracic - (?)

1. How long have you been involved in photography?

I've been shooting for about 4 years now, but only bought a DSLR about 2 years ago. Probably like most people i started with a simple "point and click" camera until i realised that this is actually really fun, so i kept shooting until i could afford my first "i mean business' camera.

2: Equipment you use?

That camera was the Canon 400D. I saved some cash and now have 2 lenses to go with it. The Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, and the Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6. I love what the wide angle can do to a landscape. I also always carry a tripod and an ND filter. Will hopefully upgrade my camera at some point when i can afford to.

3: Mac or PC?

PC. I'm not cool enough for a mac.

4: What inspires you?

Weather, light, friends, family, other photographers...........Flickr!

5: Preferred subject matter?

It's gotta be landscapes and seascapes, i can't get sick of them. When the conditions are right you can capture some amazing scenes. I'll often revisit a location and see something new, whether it's just new angles or compositions, or details i previously missed. It's never easy getting out of bed at 6am on a weekend, but if it means i can get a clear sunrise behind a pier, then i'm in my car in a matter of minutes!

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

Hmm....anything supernatural! I would love some ufos to come whizzing by a landscape, or what about catching a ghost outside an abandoned cabin!?

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

I'm lucky to have a supportive bunch of flickr contacts who i've known from the start and met along the way that have helped me develop my skills and technique.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

Ahh, none. I tend to just experiment with many shots. Trying different apertures, shutter speed, angles and photoshop treatments to find something i think suits what i was going for when i actually pulled the trigger. I am still learning a lot about what works and what doesn't.

9: Plans for the future?

Ah.. none at the moment, i usually don't think that far ahead, maybe one day i could have an exhibtion? We'll see what happens.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

Wet!

No comments: