Tuesday, May 06, 2008

(Erik)

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: (Erik)

I took this image in an abandoned house near our campsite in France where we stayed for the summer last year. I had to climb through an open window and could not believe my eyes...I still remember my pounding heart while I was taking the image...

-- from (Erik) - (?)

Making a spiral stair shot like this was a big wish of me. I did this one just 2 weeks ago in Barcelona, in the Sagrada Familia.

-- from (Erik) - (?)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
Throughout my life, I have been interested in photography but I was mainly taking pictures on holidays. About five years ago we bought a point and shoot camera and for some reason I hardly took images with it. Then, a year ago I bought a Pentax K100D and I was hooked right away.

2: Equipment you use?
I have a brand new Pentax K20D with:
- Sigma 18-50mm 1:2.8 EX MACRO,
- SMC Pentax-FA 1:4.5-5.6 80-320mm,
- Tamron SP AF Di 90mm 1:2.8 MACRO
- Rusian Peleng 8mm Fisheye.
- Benro tripod.

3: Mac or PC?
PC, but not for a particular reason.

4: What inspires you?
Light in buildings, light in nature...I guess it is just light...

5: Preferred subject matter?
Old beautiful buildings, preferably abandoned but if in use it is ok with me as long as they allow me to take photographs in there. I love old architecture with nice round shapes where light comes in from the most unexpected place...
.
6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I just captured the spiral stairs in the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. That was really a dream comes true. Currently, I have no particular wish...

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I have a few Dutch contacts who always tell me like it is when I upload a new image. For sure, they are not going to spare me. I like that kind of feed-back. It can be hard to hear that the picture you think is fabulous, is actually very bad but in the end they are always right...

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop
As many here, I am a self-taught photographer. When I started photography again last year I did read a lot on light measuring, aperture and things like that. After I thought I knew enough on the matter I started to take picture with the camera in manual mode. Made me very creative...

9: Plans for the future?
Making an image that is truly beautiful without any manipulation in Photoshop.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Compositional?

No comments: