Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fesign

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER: Fesign


-- from fesign - (?)

This one is my favorite landscape. I shot it in the mountains of Vietnam near Sa Pa.
I love how the human element and the natural world work together in this picture.
The rice cultivation on terraces follows the natural contours of the escarpment.
To me it looks like enormous yellow stairs leading to heaven.
The coming storm helps make it more dramatic.


-- from fesign - (?)
My second choice is the Chihuahua shot I titled "Weltschmertz".
That day I was dog-sitting my friend's dog and I took her to Toronto Island to make her happier.
She really missed her mummy.
I like how the drama of her mood came through in this photo, the sad eyes, the little airplane,
the storm, and the faraway city can let anyone's imagination make their own story.
I guess the storm was a good friend of mine that day. It helped me out with this shot as well. :)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?

I was always a visual person. As a child I used to draw and paint. Photography was a natural outgrowth of this love of visual art.
I bought a digital camera in 2003 and I fell in love with this kind of image making. This was about five years ago and I'm never bored when my camera is with me.

2: Equipment you use?

Mostly my Nikon D80 with an 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor lens. I love them both!
I also use my first digital camera which is a Canon G5, I really loved working with it, it truly gave me the first steps to make art with a digital camera.
For digital processing I am using Photoshop SC3.

3: Mac or PC?

I've never had a PC, I'm truly loyal to Mac.

4: What inspires you?

Everything I see inspires me and everything I feel, be it a dream, a nightmare, a daydream, or a walk with my dog.
I am a daydreamer and I love to find inspiration from other artists on flickr as well.

5: Preferred subject matter?

Animals, nature, architecture and of course sometimes people too. And I like to put all this in an out of word atmosphere.

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.

A very good rain shot.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?

I ask help from my closest friends who I feel I can confide in, but I have to say that when I shoot or when I work on a piece in photoshop I like to remain private.
After the work is done I'm open to all comments and feedback.

8: Qualifications/training in anything? ie: Photoshop

I am a graphic and web designer. I learned photoshop back in the 90's at college. Now I learn by doing.

9: Plans for the future?

Too many, I am afraid life is not long enough for all I want to do...
More traveling of course, make friends with other wonderful artists,
work work work, but mostly the work I love to do.
I would enjoy having an exhibition of large prints and perhaps teaching one day.

10: In one word, describe your photography.

Passionate

No comments: