Monday, October 20, 2008

Risquillo

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER:Risquillo

-- from risquillo - (?)


-- from risquillo - (?)

1: How long have you been involved in photography?
As I said in my profile, I started to be a photographer by accident 22 years ago. My wife asked me to purchase an instant pocket camera to take pictures of our newborn daughter. Instead I bought a SLR camera that was difficult for her to use. I kept the camera for myself a began to take pictures, I loved to do it and this became my new hobby.

2: Equipment you use?
Currently I have a Nikon d2x SLR camera. And the following AF lenses: Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Micro Nikkor 60 f2.8, Micro Nikkor 105 f2.8, Nikkor 17-55 f2.8, Zigma 10-20 f4-5.6
For digital processing , I am using Photoshop CS2 and some plug ins like Flood.

3: Mac or PC?
Definitively a powerful PC!

4: What inspires you?
I consider myself like a painter, I like to plot “paint” the beauty that I see in my mind. Sometimes by just capturing a scene or a detail of a scene as it. Sometimes by placing several objects together in Photoshop, therefore creating my art.

5: Preferred subject matter?
People, landscape, animals, details, always details in daily scenes

6: Name one thing you haven't caught with the camera that you REALLY want to capture.
I have lots of ideas that are still in the oven. I have to learn how to transmit them.

7: When in doubt about your art, who do you confide in?
I try to be sure that I´m fully satisfied with my creations. When something bothers me, I try to learn more, either by studying, reading, imitating, asking peers and friends, etc. I am convinced that talent has to be developed by acquiring knowledge and skills. Flickr is a very useful tool to learn. It allows you to show your work, you can get advice and critic from many people around the world, you get to know or have contact with very talented people that share their knowledge, you are exposed to the notorious work of lots of artists, in a summary it is an excellent platform for developing your skills.

8: Qualifications/training in anything?
I am a self trained person. I try to learn about all the tools that I have access to. Such as the functioning of the camera, and the tools that technology is constantly providing us. It is difficult that somebody can think further that what he knows.

9: Plans for the future?
Continue to keep learning how to develop my talent to create better images. …. Continuous Development ……. Breaking paradigms.

10: In one word, describe your photography.
Creative

No comments: